The Library has modified its services and service hours in response to the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Service hours are 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday
- Library and Learning Commons Study Areas and computer workstations are unavailable until further notice. Go to Uluwehi Cafe for study space.
- Reference services, database access troubleshooting, and library account questions will be conducted via phone, email, or online chat
- Book due dates are extended until May 15, 2020
- Requesting books at other UH campus libraries is temporarily discontinued
Limited in-person service is available 10 AM to 12 PM, Monday through Friday. Service will be conducted through a passthrough at the front entrance. No entry into the Library and Learning Commons. In-person services include:
- Extended Laptop Loans until May 15, 2020. Leeward students only. Photo ID required
- Book paging and checkout
- Course reserves (digitally scanned and emailed by staff)
- Printing (submit the file to email@example.com or via MobilePrint [New Window])
For updated Library and Learning Commons access and Library service changes, go to http://guides.leeward.hawaii.edu/covid19 [New Window]
Many of our information resources are online. These include research databases that allow you to search for and read magazine, newspaper, and journal articles, as well as e-books. We also have streaming video services. These resources are all available through the library’s website.[New Window]
Librarians are available for online chat help or Book a Librarian appointment via Zoom. Go to the library’s website [New Window] to chat or schedule your appointment
If you have difficulty accessing these online resources, please see the Database Access Help [New Window] page for troubleshooting instructions. Contact Ralph Toyama, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional assistance.
Hours and services are current as of March 24, 2020, and are subject to change at any time.
As we adjust to the bewildering changes of recent weeks, the Library remains committed to providing you and your students with the informational resources and services to support Leeward’s mission and our WIG – “keeping the students we have.”
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com or x378. Take care, everyone. We’re in this together!